BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

6 Week Post Op Weigh In

Heyyyy! First up, let me correct a couple things: I went to see my surgeon back on 8-10-12 for my 1 month check up. It turns out my scale REALLY does hate me. It was wrong, sadly. At the surgeon's office, I was 340...not the 334 my scale had led me to believe! *grrrr* As usual, I broke out in tears. (Dr. Glass must think I am a TOTAL crybaby because he has YET to see me where I didn't cry at least ONCE during the visit! LOL) Anyway, he - once again - told me to STOP OBSESSING OVER THE NUMBERS ON THE SCALE! He has told me a while back to STAY OFF THE SCALE because it's going to drive me crazy from the constant fluctuation. Dr. Glass said that he has seen too many people throughout his years get caught up on the numbers and end up GAINING THE WEIGHT BACK because they try to tailor their eating habits based on what they think affects the numbers most...but usually end up being WRONG. Then he asked me, HOW MANY OTHER TIMES IN MY LIFE HAVE I LOST OVER 40LBS IN *ONE* MONTH? ...NONE! OK then! ;) Plus he let me know that the weight loss during the first year comes off in CHUNKS...I could have little loss then all of the sudden drop a LOT. It's all about patience. (Not my normal forte') Yesterday I went to see my PCP. I am proud to announce that I am no longer on ANY medications! (Ok, well, still on my anti-depressants & anxiety pills) I previously was taking 27 different medications and now I am only on 2! Woooooooo! My blood pressure was perfect and I weighed - for real this time! LoL- 334lbs! Here I am walking yesterday: I left the house at 7:30A! Today: (Love my headband!) I really ENJOY walking every morning! #POW!

I've really been feeling so accomplished about getting up every morning to exercise. I have more faith in myself. I really thought I wasn't going to adapt, but I am. I love feeling so empowered. Speaking of feeling good and empowered... This picture makes me happy....my baby kitty TINY! <3 It's a funky pic, but that's why it makes me giggle! Just wanted to share it LOL
*Random* I have been chewing a LOT of gum lately. This is my FAVORITE! You gotta try it :) YUMMIEST GUM EVER! Root Beer Float!
This is my soft foods list: I hope y'all can see it OK. Anyway, I was told on the 10th I could begin this diet for the next few weeks.
However, it hasn't been easy. Last week I struggled so much. My pouch was rejecting everything after just a couple times. I became very discouraged so I called the surgeon's office on Monday. It turns out, like I said yesterday (or was it Monday? LOL) that my pouch is pissy. I'm happy to announce that I was able to eat some EGG DROP SOUP last night and this morning for breakfast! :) I also ate an entire small egg yesterday for lunch. It might not sound like much, but hey, IT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME. I've been so extremely concerned about becoming malnourished. Before I go, I'm going to share one last picture. Maybe I shouldn't, but I am so tickled pink with how good I'm feeling about my weight loss already AND THE PROGRESS I'VE MADE! I took a picture to show much smaller I truly am ALREADY!
Until next time...

1 comments:

DolphinChick said...

Girl I'm sooooooo freakin' proud of you!! For all of it!! For doin' it....for following through with all the awesome exercise ... for being so open and honest with your writting &a pictures! Truly inspiring! Seriously! I wish I had your determination! Or at least someone close to be that positive push! You're awesome and I'm so proud of you!!! ;), Jade