BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 20, 2012

I TOLD Y'ALL I WAS SPECIAL! :)

It turns out that yours truly happens to be one of the RARE FEW who get the Gastric Bypass and end up spending the rest of their lives with a MOODY POUCH! Yep! Since my follow up I have not been having success with soft foods. Thankfully I really enjoy protein drinks, popsicles AND yogurt. I called my surgeon's office today. I explained that I have been following my List of Approved Soft Foods yet, I can only eat the items once or twice and then my pouch rejects it by making me violently throw it up. I won't lie to you, (that would defeat the purpose of this blog!), I have ended up not wanting to continue to try to eat food. For every decision you make in life, whether positive or negative, there are always going to be unintended consequences. There is no way to predict who will have this rare complication. But, it's OK. I needed this surgery to live longer than a couple more years. I must burn that into my brain. This has been really difficult on me, mentally. I'm happy to report that my REAL HUNGER and HEAD HUNGER have magically disappeared. However, I do try to pay attention and make sure I'm drinking enough and trying to get in at least a little bit of food periodically. I don't wanna be "that girl" who was hospitalized for becoming malnourished. I'm drinking water, which has to be plain and room temperature most times, and taking my medicines and vitamins. It has really been an interesting journey thus far. Please listen and heed the warning when your surgeon/friends/support groups tell you that your palette is going to dramatically change. THAT IS TOTALLY TRUE! Here is an upside to continued not-eating : I HAVE SOME CURVE!

This was me the other day:
I'm feeling better about myself. Overall. But this new revelation is definitely stressing me OUT! Of all the ways for me to be "special" it had to be in a negative way! Ugh. I was told I'd just have to be careful the rest of my life, use trial & error with foods and eat whatever I can tolerate, enjoy it while I can and move on to something new when my pouch no longer likes said food. Oh, and immediate, random, unexpected bowel movements can happen at any moment too when my pouch gets upset, for no reason at all. (She is a total mean skinny brat!) This is a lot to take in. I know. I'm living it. However, at least I'm alive and will continue to be. I'm continuing to walk, here's a shot of me today:
The sun was in my eyes! Walking REALLY boosts my spirit. I feel so proud. I've been wearing make up the past few days. It makes me feel so beautiful. Even though I only have eyes for my man, I've been getting a lot more male attention already when I walk out the door. None of those compliments are anywhere close to the heartfelt ones my soulmate gives me. He is so amazing and so supportive. I can't believe God brought us together. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without him. Until next time...

0 comments: