BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 13, 2012

A New Life...FULL STEAM AHEAD!

I am so blessed. Honestly. I took a big, big gamble by leaving my life behind in hopes of one day getting this life saving surgery. It's been a long, difficult road...AND I MADE IT! This entire way I have continued to fight for this. All those gallons of tears and sweat was worth it. Tuesday, July 10, 2012 was my surgery date! I was under the impression (not sure where I got it from!) that the surgery was only going to take 30-45 minutes. Um, I was wrong LOL. It took about 2 hours! :) I currently have 6 incisions on my stomach & navel. It may not look like much on the outside...but the inside...it's all different! Surprisingly, I'm feeling a lot better this morning. Naturally, I'm sore. However, it's not PAIN, just soreness. I've been keeping busy trying to get on my new drinking schedule. Every hour I am supposed to try and consume 1 oz of protein shake and 4 oz of water! Being that my new egg sized pouch only holds 3 oz ... it's been a challenge but I'm getting the swing of things! The outpouring of love and encouragement I got on FB from all my friends was just such a sweet, sweet blessing. It REALLY helped me. There were moments where I was in so much pain I began feeling scared and thinking "OH MY GOODNESS WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MY BODY!?!?!" ---- I just gave myself a second chance at life, that's what I've done! I know I say this frequently but: ANTHONY IS AMAZING. I wouldn't have been able to make it through all this without him. For as eloquent as I am, I can't seem to find the words to fully express my gratitude, appreciation and just LOVE for him. He went so far above & beyond for me; not just this week...he ALWAYS does. But, speaking of this week, he was so sweet to me. He held my hand while I walked around the hospital floor, he kept telling me how beautiful I was, and rubbed my back while trying to encourage me to breathe in & out when the pain would have me in tears. God blessed me with such an amazing man. Thank you Anthony. I love you. OK well, it's time for me to get up and move around...my muscles are telling me so! I will write more later because I did have more to say LOL Have a great day! :)

0 comments: